Monday, September 12, 2011

Finnish Pancakes with Cranberry Sauce

I got out of work half an hour early on Sunday, so I decided to make pancakes to bring to my Campus Girl Scout e-board meeting. The ingredients were pretty standard, cinnamon being the most extreme addition. The half-mixed batter looked just like ice cream! (It tasted pretty good raw too).

This recipe includes a section on making cranberry sauce to go with the pancakes. Unfortunately, cranberries are not in season and hard to find at the grocery store. So I bought some in a can, took it out, stirred it around with some lemon juice, and put it in a tupperware to make it look homemade!
Finally bought some spray oil too! It was the culmination of my back-to-school shopping, which also included a shiny new bike helmet, fixing of my bike brakes, a cool waterbottle, and a pile of textbooks about water.
Chelsea smiling and enjoying a pancake!
The paper plate makes this photograph even more glamorous.
These pancakes get extra points for being pretty quick to make. I did skip the step of separating the eggs. Taste-wise, they were good, but not nothing to write home about. Although I fear my tastebuds may be getting jaded from all these pancakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment