Friday, August 16, 2013

Banana Bread Pancakes


I am currently in Denver visiting my best friend! Colorado is awesome. Almost as awesome as pancakes. This morning I got to cook in her kitchen, which is so much nicer than mine. It's very grown up and full of counter space and organized spices. 


Yum, banana mush. 


Although I used all-purpose flour, the original recipe called for whole wheat pastry flour, which I'm sure would also be good. I'm not sure if it was the altitude or I am just really good at making pancakes, but these looked quite pretty. 


 Next time I would definitely add chocolate chips and maybe walnuts.



I fed them to Stef and her boyfriend, who is visiting from England. He was also the very first person I know of to actually try to make a recipe off my blog at home!


They ate them plain, but I added butter and brown sugar on top. The original recipe also included a recipe for a vanilla maple glaze which I'm sure would be delicious as well. 



Banana Bread Pancakes
Makes 10 pancakes
Adapted from How Sweet It Is 
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 egg, whisked 
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts (optional)
  1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Add in milk and vanilla and stir (batter will still be a little dry at this point)
  3. Stir in bananas and melted butter 
  4. Stir in egg
  5. Stir in chocolate chips or walnuts if using 
  6. Cook over medium-low heat 

No comments:

Post a Comment