Monday, November 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Pancakes

Thank goodness I bought this peanut butter before prices skyrocketed!
The raw batter looked just like fudge. Sadly, it did not taste like fudge, despite my best tasting efforts.
The recipe said to let the batter stand in the refrigerator for a few hours before using. The problem was that when I took it out, it was so cold and stiff that it wouldn't spread out on the pan. So all the pancakes were really thick and didn't cook evenly.
They were ok, but not as good as I had expected. Adding jelly greatly increased the flavor though!
A PB&J, pancake style! Here's a thought: why hasn't anyone invented peanut butter flavored bread yet?
I got tired of cooking the batter in a skillet, and it was the consistency of cookie dough already, so I put some in the oven and made cookies! They were a bit dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment