Saturday, January 14, 2012

Brownie Waffle Cookies

This was possibly the most anticipated recipe in the book. It called for an ounce of unsweetened chocolate which I didn't have, so I used a circle of Taza chocolate and just didn't add as much sugar to the batter.

So beautiful. They also contained an egg, milk, vanilla, flour, and baking powder.
There was also 1/3 cup of butter in the batter, but it didn't seem to mix right and kept bubbling up when I was cooking them. It didn't affect the taste, but left gross concealed butter all over the waffle iron.
I added chopped walnuts to about half of them.
They were so cute! I was expecting something more like a moist brownie, but these were drier, almost like chocolate biscuits. They were so good though! Even Professor Rosen liked them.
I have also realized that I have no idea how to clean my waffle iron. I have just been wiping it down with paper towels, but that doesn't seem 100% sanitary.

No comments:

Post a Comment