Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rice Flour Waffles

I perfectly timed this so that I could make rice flour waffles when I was home for the weekend. I assumed that my gluten-free house would of course have some rice flour, but I was wrong. Instead I used Bob's Red Mill, a blend of garbanzo bean, tapioca, fava bean, and some other stuff.

The batter was really thin, so I just kept pouring in more of the flour. It still wouldn't thicken so I went ahead and baked it. Surprisingly it worked out! The waffles stayed together and were actually very fluffy.
Another bonus to being home: warm maple syrup. (I suppose I could warm the maple syrup at school as well, but I never do)
While I slaved away in the kitchen, my family played Just Dance. Be thankful I am not posting the video I took.

We ate them for lunch. My mom said something along the lines of "hmm these are actually good, Sadie."
Charlotte said "I prefer the ones made from gluten-free Bisquick." But she ate them anyway.
I think my dad said something about syrup.
But I liked them! Apart from a slight grainy texture, they tasted like normal waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment