Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blueberry Blintzes

The batter for these is mixed in a blender. It was thicker than I think it should have been, so I had trouble spreading it thinly. I tried but it mostly ended up looking like this.

The filling is made from cottage cheese and blueberries. I used frozen blueberries. It says to strain all the liquid out from the cottage cheese. I wasn't really sure how to do that and we were out of paper towels, so I just left the liquid in there.
The way to make blintzes is to cook the crepe on one side only, put in the filling and fold it up, then bake the other side. I confused the sides on a few and baked one side twice and the other not at all. Oh well. I also baked them in the oven after I added the filling.
They came out ok. Like I said, the batter was thick so they didn't really taste like crepes. Not a total disaster though, so better than I expected!
The best part was the shamrock shakes that Ellen brought us!

No comments:

Post a Comment