Thursday, March 1, 2012

Southern Grits Waffles

I think everyone knows how I feel about grits. Is there any other food that requires a special section on the label telling you that finding black bits in with the grains is really ok?
The pot kept bubbling up while I was cooking them. It looked like soap, which was a bit disturbing.
Yum.
They also had a bit of whole wheat flour in them, which I now keep in the freezer! Look how knowledgable I have become.
Except I didn't realize that grits were like rice and when you cook them they expand. So a cup of uncooked grits yields a heck of a lot more than a cup of cooked grits. Look at all those leftovers.
Also, it was Stef's birthday! Ellen made an awesome balloon chain that fell from the ceiling but still looked amazing.

They were not too horrible. The insides were very oozy. The recipe said to serve with plenty of butter and warm syrup. Probably to cover up the taste.
All the leftover grits got eaten though! Thanks Stef!

No comments:

Post a Comment