Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sweet Potato Waffles

I had just one sad looking sweet potato I stole from Stef. I am not a huge fan of sweet potatoes myself.
I cooked it in the microwave, but I think I left it in too long. It was a bit tough. I had to dissect it to get the good bits out.
I only got about 1/4 cup and I needed 1/2. Oh well.
The recipe called for pastry flour, but of course I used normal white flour. It also had cinnamon, which made them smell good!
The sweet potato was not too noticeable, which perhaps was a good thing. Glen claims they had a strong sweet potato aftertaste, but I didn't notice. They were kind of dry, although they look nice in this picture!
Tomorrow I will be making the last waffle recipe, then Stef and I will be getting on a plane to Iceland!! Perhaps I can compare my Icelandic pancakes to the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment