Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finnish Oatmeal Crepes

So I bought this cream last week, thinking that it would be good to think ahead. Then I suddenly remembered it was about to expire so I had to skip over a recipe so that I could use it.
It says to grind oats to make oat flour. I was skeptical that this would work.
But it did! I ended up using the blender instead of the food processor because I am an idiot and can't figure out how to work the processor. But the blender ended up being a good choice, since after I was done with the flour I just threw everything else in and blended it together.
I ate one with sugar and cinnamon while I was cooking.
They were really good. One of my favorites so far I think. The oat flour gave them a hearty, healthy texture, but the heavy cream made them taste rich and delicious. The combination makes them very versatile.
I also ate one for dinner with vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment