Monday, April 23, 2012

Herb Crepes (with Italian Filling)

So I came home from work the other night and it was raining and I was tired, and I was so not feeling making crepes. Believe it or not, I think I'm getting a little burned out. I threw the ingredients into the blender anyways.
It called for tarragon, parsley, and chives. I had none of those things. I used oregano and some italian seasoning stuff.

There were some pretty big lumps. I actually ending up fishing this one out.
The filling recipe was complicated. It involved baking the crepes again and adding flour and butter to the tomato sauce, stirring, other hard things. It also called for ricotta cheese, which I could not find at the store.
So I simplified. I filled the crepes with parmesan, microwaved them just so it melted a little, and poured some tomato sauce on top.
And it was amazing! Despite looking like a gross ketchup concoction, it was extremely satisfying. Glen even liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment