Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Maple Pecan Pancakes

It snowed again :( Which means I didn't have to go to work, but also that everything outside is miserable and wet. All morning I had a craving for a chocolate cookie. I thought about going to the bakery, roughly a 3 minute walk from my house, but that would involve crossing the street which just seemed too hard. So I made a single giant cookie using this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction. 


Is it sad to spend the morning alone making a single cookie? I think not. 


The point of all this is that the cookie only used 1/2 an egg, so I put the rest in a jar. But then I decided to use it to make pancakes for lunch! The recipe called for 1 egg, so I just halved all the ingredients. 


There was whole wheat flour involved, so totally acceptable food for lunch.


Even though they looked lumpy, they smelled good and tasted better!


 I ate them with more maple syrup on top.





Maple Pecan Pancakes
Original recipe here
Makes 5 medium pancakes 

  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
  • 1/2 egg
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans 
  1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Add in wet ingredients and stir
  3. Stir in pecans
  4. Cook over medium heat (I used about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake)
  5. Serve with maple syrup

I realize that a recipe which calls for 1/2 an egg is kind of silly, so you could double it and make more pancakes. Or, better yet, make a giant chocolate chip cookie first and split the egg between the recipes. 

1 comment:

  1. During strawberry season we sometimes have strawberry shortcake with whole wheat biscuits for dinner. I figure it covers three of the food groups, right?

    ReplyDelete