Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hungarian Pancakes

So I started making these pancakes Friday night for dinner, but then ended up going to Goodwill instead to buy a fur coat. After that I was mad hungry so I went to the dining hall, where we ran into our friends and decided to go out. Then we went out and I just collapsed into bed when we got back (at like 11 because we are sooo old). Plus I was full from eating half-priced closing-time pastries. So, long story short, the batter sat in the fridge for a while uncovered.

But when I looked at it the next day, it still looked good. It was a dreary day and I didn't have to go to work until noon, so it was a perfect pancake day.

The interesting thing about these is you add a cup of carbonated water to the batter right before you cook them. Makes them bubbly.
They tasted very egg-y, kind of similar to the Dutch mini-pancakes. I ate one with jam.
I poured some lemon juice on the others to add some flavor. Ellen agreed that these were nothing special. No offense to Hungary.

No comments:

Post a Comment