Friday, October 14, 2011

Jewish Potato Latkes

After grating a mountain of potatoes (5) for this recipe, I didn't have the energy to grate the required onion, so I used a dash of Kick'N Chicken seasoning I found in the cupboard. It had some onion in it.

These made the whole apartment smell delicious!
I got impatient as I went on, and made them larger and larger. The small ones are the best though - more crispy!
The recipe called for peeled potatoes, but I don't have a peeler so I just kind of cut the skins off in large chunks. Which left me with lots of potato skins, so I tossed them with some oil and baked them. I almost forgot about them, but remembered just in time. Despite having only two ingredients, the oven fries were even more delicious than the pancakes.
And now I have two tupperwares full of potato food, which should be enough starch to last me until it stops raining and I can go to the grocery store again!

No comments:

Post a Comment