Thursday, February 2, 2012

French Gaufres

I did everything right with this one! The only substitution was a half cup almond milk in place of cow's milk. I even separated the eggs!
The batter had a cup of sugar, 3/4 cup butter, 1.5 cups flour, 4 eggs, and vanilla. It looked like custard. It tasted kind of like custard.
They came out of the iron a little limp, but I put them in the oven to keep warm and that crisped them up a bit. They looked great, like a waffle you would get on the street in Europe, and had a heavenly vanilla smell.
We ate them with whipped cream, Nutella, and grape jam. They were good - the sweet taste is much more suited to dessert than breakfast.
For once in my life, almost everyone I invited actually showed up! They all enjoyed the waffles :)




This recipe is a keeper.

On an unrelated note, Natalie and I went dumpster diving! Here is our loot. Please contact me if you like cheese-flavored crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment