Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Goat Cheese Pancakes with Dried Cranberries and Thyme


A couple weeks ago I was at Whole Foods and I decided to buy the largest package of goat cheese they had, because goat cheese is awesome. In the following two weeks I proceeded to eat only pizza and cupcakes until I realized that all this cheese was going to go bad at some point. 
So I made it into pancakes! 


I wanted just the leaves of the thyme, so Stef carefully removed them all for me. It's harder than it looks.


Hooray for giant sized bags of Craisins from Costco! The recipe I based this off used fresh raspberries, which I'm sure would be absolutely delicious as well. Stef was so involved de-leaving thyme that she looked over when I was done mixing and didn't believe I had actually added the cheese.


These have no butter or oil in them, which would be great for the health-conscious. It's great for me too because I hate melting butter. The goat cheese made the batter very smooth and moist.


I ate one plain, then I ate one rolled up with more goat cheese spread on the inside. I highly recommend this method.

 

A few hours later I ate another one cold from the fridge. Still good. 

PANCAKES!



Goat Cheese Pancakes with Dried Cranberries and Thyme
Makes 9 medium pancakes
Inspired by MyCommunalTable
  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 cup goat cheese
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
  1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. In a smaller bowl, mix together goat cheese, milk, and lemon juice until relatively smooth. Beat eggs and add to mixture
  3. Add wet ingredients to the dry then mix in thyme and cranberries
  4. Cook in a small skillet over medium heat. Use about 1/3 cup batter per pancake. 
Serve with additional goat cheese on top, or use instead of bread in a sandwich! 

***Deliciousness Update: 

I have been using the leftovers to make sandwiches and they are wonderful! I put the cheese and stuff on top then microwave it for about 40 seconds.

Cheddar cheese and tomato

Cheddar cheese, tomato, and parmesan 

No comments:

Post a Comment